Friday, December 19, 2014

My Early Christmas Present

So I must be painfully honest.  We tried puppyhood, I lasted 4 days.  Trying to homeschool, help Jared make it through the Christmas rush, and just being a mom overwhelmed me as I tried to attend to the constant needs of house training a pup, giving her attention, training her not to nip...  It was a beautiful experience, but our little puppy is now in a good home with a 12 year old boy :)

Caring for a puppy is like caring for a newborn babe.  I made the final decision when I ignored Lucy to put the puppy down for her nap...

So here's to being imperfect and fickle, but knowing our little puppy has a great home has eased my mind in getting my early Christmas present of a little less responsibility :)

1 comments:

  1. That is funny about your puppy, I saw Jared at Macey's shortly after you bought the puppy and he was looking for good dog treats. I told him I didn't think I had the time or energy for a puppy, so we had fish instead. The hardest thing for me is to change their water once every three weeks (which only takes 30 min. to do but I dread it every time). Jared thought a puppy would be easier than a fish...I guess potty training a puppy never crosses our mind when we make the purchase, I'm sorry it was so much work. If the kids want a pet, I recommend a fish, not as much work and not as much money. My kids love the fish we have, a small 3-gallon tank is all we need. :)

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Template by June Lily