Wednesday, June 4, 2014

When you tell one lie....you turn into a goat

I know I looked so innocent as a child, you would have never thought that I would grow up and tell a LIE!!!!



It happened one beautiful Saturday afternoon.  Jared and I were gearing up to feed the picky eaters.  We were searching the refrigerator for something healthy, easy and enticing to feed the kiddos.  As I went through the fridge I notices a yucky old bag of noodle soup...so I threw it away, pleased that it would not have a chance to mold in my fridge or get spilled on accident.

I began cooking and Jared said to me,

"Where is that bag of noodle soup?"

AHHHH I thought, he wanted that, I don't want him to know I just chucked it, as that would seem to be very wasteful, neither did I think I wanted to go grab it out of the garbage can...so....

I LIED!

"Oh, I ate those for lunch"

Then he said, "No, it was just right here, I just saw it, what could have happened to it..."

I became very uneasy...because when you tell one lie it leads to another.  I had to choose, lie again? or fess up in front of the kids...

Oh the pressure, the pain, the humiliation!

So...I fessed up

"I'm sorry!  I just told a lie."

BLUSH BLUSH

BLUSH BLUSH

At first the kids stared with open mouths, then sweet Hazel came running over, "It's okay mommy, we still love you!"

So we used it as a GREAT lesson about what to do when you have told a lie, we said a prayer, I repented, and we talked about what would have happened if I had kept lying.

So we laugh a little at Mommy when we sing that song, "When you tell one lie..."

Jared even made up a bedtime story about it...so now we say,

"When you tell one lie you turn into a goat..."

Yeah, don't ask, Jared's stories are really entertaining :)



Comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Template by June Lily